In this week's blog, read as Josiah Travis, a graduate of the HCM International Intern Program shares ow we can experience the delight of the Father!
In this week's blog post, Kim Moraghan shares some time she spent in sacred space with Jesus.
Licensed Professional Counselor Karen Weeks shares her journey of healing.
In this week's blog post, Jerry directs us towards the gentle voice of our God.
In this week's blog post, we are reminded that Jesus has prepared a party and we are invited!
This is a story that demonstrates the love of Jesus as he cares for every part of our soul.
Darlene Kong shares a recent experience where God answered her prayer to show up in the everyday moments of her life.
Kim Moraghan shares about an experience she had where she realized even more deeply that she is "in process" and that she can completely rest in what Jesus has already done for her.
Elaine Russell, Healing Care Caregiver, shares how Jesus revealed himself as the light even in the shadows of life.
Lori Yoder, HCM International intern, shares how Jesus has been teaching her to be present on her journey of transformation.
From that day forward, I did whatever I had to do to avoid any semblance of shame. I lied, hid, blustered, diverted attention. Whatever it took. It rarely worked. My efforts only made me feel more ashamed. I had never been an extrovert, but now I retreated deeper into my shell.
Cathy was 41 when she died of cancer, leaving behind her husband and three boys - aged 17, 7 and 5. She was originally diagnosed almost three years ago...
God gives his children directions, but not a GPS. A compass sometimes, but rarely a map. But more important than any of these navigation tools, God gives us a blessing for the journey, and a promise of the Spiritâ€™s guidance.
"Sometimes I sits and thinks and sometimes I just sits," my dad used to say now and then. It is probably a quote from the Pogo comic strip...
Do you have unfinished tasks around the house? My wife could attest to the fact that I am notorious for doing 85% of a job and leaving the last 15% percent unfinished.
JESUS CHRIST OF NAZARETH - A SAVIOR - THE MESSIAH - THE LORD "I am bringing you good news of great joy which will be for all the people...
Of all the â€śtrue meanings of Christmas,â€ť this is perhaps the truest. When I was a boy, my relatively non-religious family had a Christmas Eve tradition.
As one of the members of our church heads off to a Come Away With Me Retreat, I find myself a little envious and reminiscent of my own retreat where the Lord met me with healing.
When I was a kid I remember a song by the singer Mac Davis. I couldn't tell you any other song by him, but I remember this one...
A few weeks ago marked the 17th anniversary of the death of Henri Nouwen. This year also marks the 30th anniversary of his book Compassion.
I had the opportunity to preach at a church recently and was asked to speak on the topic of the apostle Paul's journey with Jesus. Paul's life is such a great example of the power that experiences have in bringing change and growth in our lives
In the Parable of the Rich Fool (Luke 12:13-21), Jesus sets out the nature of greed. Like all sin, it turns us inward, shutting us off from God and others.
Churches are filled with imperfect people just like hospitals. Sometimes we misdiagnose and make people sicker. Sometimes our bedside manner leaves something to be desired. Sometimes the waiting room is too full and care is not delivered in a timely manner, or the delivery room is unstaffed.
God knows you â€” which means God knows your hurts, your worries, your feelings, your concerns, your joys, your successes, your victories, your sins, your failures, your lusts, your vices, your securities and insecurities â€” and loves you through them all.
Thunder again? There had been a whole string of rainy days, and we were getting used to hearing thunder. I love to experience storms - to drink in the smell of the rain and see the wonder and majesty of wind and lightning...
Now that winter seems to finally be over (I hope) and the temperatureâ€™s warming up, itâ€™s a time when a manâ€™s heart turns to romanceâ€¦and golf, not necessarily in that order. So, I thought maybe the game of golf might be able to provide some insight into marriage.
â€śI am loved!â€ť Such simple words yet so difficult for so many to experience in their hearts. Oh, we may acknowledge with our heads that we are loved but often our hearts find it hard to accept as real.
Should. I think this has become one of my least favorite words in the English language. â€śYou should do this.â€ť â€śYou shouldnâ€™t do that.â€ť
Luke 6:6-11: On another Sabbath [Jesus] went into the synagogue and was teaching, and a man was there whose right hand was shriveled. The Pharisees and the teachers of the law were looking for a reason to accuse Jesus, so they watched him closely to see if he would heal on the Sabbath.