The Safe and Skilled Caregiver (Kalamazoo)
Connect with other caregivers for this one-day equipping session led by Jeff Franks (MAPC), Executive Director of HCM International! Below is an overview of the day's activities.
Worship and Experiential
We'll start our day with a time of worship and receiving from the Lord.
Session 1: The Safe Caregiver
- The importance of safety
- Becoming a safe person
- Being a safe caregiver
Session 2: The Skilled Caregiver
- Foundational caregiving skills
- Sabotages of safety (the "don'ts" of caregiving)
- Positioning the care-receiver for ministry
- Understanding the healing care model
- Developing confidence as a caregiver
- Putting skills into practice
Session 3: Group Caregiving
- Group dynamics
- Group cohesiveness
- Leading a safe group
- When: Saturday, July 22nd (9:00 AM - 2:30 PM)
- Where: 6589 S 6th St / Kalamazoo, MI 49009
- Cost*: $35/person (includes the event and boxed lunch - dietary restrictions cannot be considered, but a variety of options will be available)
- Important Information: Due to space limitations, this event is limited to 50 participants.
*Unless otherwise noted, a $10 administrative fee will be assessed for all cancellations and cancellations after July 8th are non-refundable.
Please select your method of registration from the options below. You may register/pay for more than one individual at a time using either of the registration methods. When paying online, simply increase the number in the provided field and additional names can be added.
General Registration (paying ONLINE)
For those desiring to pay by phone with a card: we have to run your payment through our website, so we ask that you handle this directly from your end using the link above (if possible).
If you have any problems with the registration forms or questions about the event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 419.612.7785.