Spiritual Formation & The Art of Spiritual Direction: Program Outcomes
Persons of knowledge who...
- Articulate the ministry of spiritual direction from Biblical and theological perspectives
- Are able to describe the basic process of being a spiritual director
- Know the formational significance of spiritual direction
- Are able to converse about the presence of God in everyday life
Persons in formation who...
- Regularly practice a “rule of life”
- Are aware of the immediacy of God in their own life
- Integrate God’s presence in daily life
- Grow in freedom in their relationship with Jesus
- Experience spiritual direction in their own lives
Discerning communicators who are...
- Effective in their interaction with directees
- Able to encourage persons on their spiritual journey
- Able to integrate Formational Prayer
- Free to address personal barriers to the spiritual journey
Transformational leaders who...
- Pursue goals of personal growth to develop a healthy identity as a ministering person
- Understand how personality and personal experience are intertwined with God, family and church
- Grow in their ability to listen receptively to the life stories and experiences of others, and to serve as a mirror for others to see their own lives more fully
- Continue to attend to their listening skills, and are able to pose meaningful questions, offer helpful feedback, affirm strengths and encourage others to attend to areas of their growth
- Are able to promote and guide the practice of both individual and group spiritual guidance in their context of ministry